How to Apply
- Make sure you are eligible to apply and understand the eligibility requirements. The criteria for applying include the current state of your start-up, time requirements, etc. Please read through these requirements to confirm your eligibility.
- Determine your category: Choose 1 of the 7 clean technology categories which best fits your product or service.
- Create your team: You must create a profile first and then create a team.
Note: You will need a minimum of two team members prior to submitting your final application on 2 May 2018. Each team member must have their own profile. You can add other team members within the programme.
Reserve roughly 2 hours for this process. You can access and edit your application until 2 May 2018, 11:59 pm (SAST).
- Finalize and submit your application by 2 May 2018, 11:59 pm (SAST).
Judges will review all applications providing feedback for successful and unsuccessful applicants. All teams that are eligible to continue as Semi-finalist will be notified and may be interviewed prior to starting the Programme.
BECOMING A PARTICIPANT:
At least one team member must participate in each of the required Programme Activities. We do recommend that you have as many of your team members participate in each activity as our unique professional development program will boost your start-up to the next level.
Who should Apply?
Innovative start-ups focused on commercialisation of cutting-edge cleaner technologies OR SMMEs with proven clean technology solutions:
- Technology innovation that supports mitigation and adaptation of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions through, energy efficiency, renewable energy, water efficiency and waste beneficiation (including e-waste), green building, green transportation, environmental protection (air, sea & land) directly or indirectly
- Technology Innovation should be new, ground breaking clean technology or incorporates adaptation of existing clean technologies or use existing commercially available technologies for unique applications
- Technology Innovation has protectable South African Intellectual Property (IP) or know-how
- Technology Innovation that supports improvement in performance efficiency, profitability and/or competitiveness
- Technology innovation should promote job creation
- Technology development must be at proof of concept stage up to pre-commercialisation
- Submitted application must demonstrate a feasible concept and product
- Potential for commercialisation has been identified